Top Tips on Choosing a Designer Prom Dress that Flatters your Body
Even though prom fashion changes every year, it is up to the wearer to carry the dress properly. Each girl is different, and there is no hard and fast rule as to which prom dress you need to buy for yourself.
Here are some of the best ways to pick a prom dress that looks stylish, emphasize the best parts of your figure and you are happy with it –
- Curvy – Having an hourglass figure means that you have an ideal body shape that will look good in most types of gowns. You need to pick a prom dress that emphasizes on your curves something such as a tight fitting corset or using the accessory with the dress with a belt that highlights on your waistline. It is best to avoid strapless dresses that will draw attention to your bust. If you are a little on the heavy side, you can consider wearing some stylish long length skirt.
- Small Waist – If you have a small waist, you should want to accentuate this part. If you have a boyish kind of body, it is best to avoid tight-fitting gown that can make you look much thinner. Choose A-line dresses that are slightly fitted at the waist and loose elsewhere.
- Strong Calves – If you have those sporty legs, why not show them off. You can opt for a prom dress that ends right above the knee. You can opt for an A-line dress or a tight prom dress. You will find many different styles of prom dresses in this category to choose from.
- Beautiful Back – If you would like to show off your gorgeous back, you can wear a backless gown. Make sure that you invest in a good backless bra so that you can get adequate support.
- Flat Stomach – You can easily wear a tight prom dress that is going to look great on you and compliment your busts or hips.
The hardest part of choosing the right prom dress is to know your body shape and knowing what will look good on you. You need to spend some time understanding your body shape and then pick a dress that emphasizes on the best part of your body.